April 29th, 2021
Social media is not one and done. It's a continuous process that requires time, patience, and strategic thinking to be successful. If you're looking for quick, easy steps to begin, then keep reading!
1. Set Strategic & Realistic Goals. With social media becoming more and more a part of our lives, it can be easy to get lost in the sea of updates. Make sure you set both long-term goals that will keep your readers coming back for years down the line and short-term ones so as not to fall behind on any trends or practices that may change before long.
2. Be Consistent. One tweet or post won't make you an overnight success (in most cases). Be consistent in what posts you create and how often they are posted to establish yourself in the world of social media.
3. Make Your Content Relevant. When you're feeling tired, take a break from your content, don't just post anything. Your followers follow for a reason - respect them by staying true to the community they love with relevant posts!
4. Think Longer Term Strategy. Social media is a powerful tool for businesses to showcase their products and services, and it is no different for apartment communities. It provides an avenue where customers can interact with the community or company on any level they choose, from liking posts and commenting to sending messages. To be successful in this arena, you must take some time before diving headfirst into social media marketing campaigns and think about your long-term strategy versus short-term tactics, which provide "a shot in the arm."
5. Use Graphics & High-Level or Branded Images. Whenever you are making a blog post or creating a social post for your property or business, make sure to include some form of graphics. It could be something as simple as using bold text in the title and incorporating pictures throughout pages with this typeface. Visuals help improve engagement by drawing readers' attention to key points, whether they're branded images, stock photos available online at low cost, or high-level graphic design services.
6. Stay True to Your Brand: Know What You Are & Who You Aren't. Understanding your brand is key to staying true. You need to know what you stand for; authenticity is critical in this process. Take a minute each day before posting on social media sites as if it were another person's perspective; would they follow you?
7. Listen, Be Responsive & Engage. The best way to stay connected with your followers is by engaging! There's no point in having a social presence if you are not going to respond when people interact. Ensure that when someone responds, you reply - it will make them feel heard and respected.
I hope these seven steps will help you to build and grow your social community.
Follow us for social inspiration and tips.